There are several settings for Finch controllers that are similar for all platforms. Note that this is only general information about settings. Platform-dependent information could be found in the appropriate API reference section.
Settings you can not change during runtime
These settings affect the build process, there will be no effect if you will change them during runtime.
New options coming soon. In the vast majority of cases you will need the Controller option.
- Controller - the source of your data is the device directly
- Disabled - you will get only default values of the data
- Hand - dont'use it
- Dash - if your application is for 3DOF controller
- Shift - if your application is for 6DOF controller
- One - if your application will use only one controller (one hand)
- Two - if your application will use two or one controllers (one or two hands)
Body rotation mode
- None - body doesn't track neither the camera nor controllers, so body local rotation is always Quaternion.Identity
- Shoulder rotation - body tracks camera and upper arm nodes. Default option for 6DOF.
- Hand rotation - body tracks camera and controllers forward directions.
- Hand motion - body tracks camera with angular velocity corresponding to controller movement intensity
- HMD rotation - your controller will be recentered to HMD rotation. Best option for 3DOF.
- Shoulder rotation with reachout - body tracks camera and upper arm nodes. Allows you to reachout to the remote object by one hand.
- IMU full body rotation - body tracks camera and upper arm nodes. Allows you to track your body in small area. Best option for 6DOF.
- Forward - your controllers will be recentered to initial position, no matter where HMD is looking.
- HMD rotation - your contoller will be recentered to HMD rotation
Settings you can change during runtime (Unity and Unreal only)
These settings can be changed during runtime. For example, you can make a menu in your application and allow user to change these settings in it. Read more inofrmation in Guidelines section.
- Right - if you use option One controller of Controllers count setting or only one controller is connected - the controller will appear on the right side of the body
- Left - if you use option One controller of Controllers count setting or only one controller is connected - the controller will appear on the left side of the body
Finch controller position in skeletal bones hierarchy. Used for FinchPlayer scripts. Affects the visible position and movements of controller instance. This option has an effect only if the Dash option of Device Type setting is chosen. Finch controller position in skeletal bones hierarchy. Used for FinchPlayer scripts.
- Standart - matches to FinchBone.LeftHandCenter or FinchBone.RightHandCenter.
- Wrist - matches to FinchBone.LeftHand or FinchBone.RightHand.
- Elbow - matches to FinchBone.LeftLowerArm or FinchBone.RightLowerArm.
- Shoulder - matches to FinchBone.LeftUpperArm or FinchBone.RightUpperArm.
Pose tracking algorithm
You can use two types of the algorithms for 3DOF controller - Google Daydream algorithm (license information) and our own algorithm. You can try both and choose the one you like. Note that if you have 6DOF controller (DeviceType.Shift setting selected), this setting won't affect, 6DOF always uses Finch algorithms.